Friday, February 10, 2012

Stories

No, wait, when did it come to this?? Stop… Please…

I am in office right now(yes, at 9:00 Pm on a Friday evening) . And the words decide to come, of all moments, they decide to come to me now. And this isn’t really about frustration. It is not a rant. It is not a pity party . It just is. A fact. I need to work.

But I digress, this isn’t really about work. This is about free flowing word, I let the words dictate their own curse right now. And I talk to them, I ask them “what do you want me to say” “Whose story do you want me to tell” ,and today, I want to tell the story of stories. What really, are stories. Those little snippets of information which float around the world. Everyone I meet, everyone I talk to, has a story. They may say it, they may act it , they may live it, but the story is there.

Tanvi Got me thinking. She had something to say to people, and those words were her words, her story. But in a way, it as also my story. Tanvi, I need to be talking to you about this right now, But you are away. Telling your story to Jenna from accounting, was it?

Aafreen taught you a lot, but she also taught me something. Notice how when she faces the camera, she does it without fear. We, are always afraid of what the camera might throw up. I have been accused of writing about “sad” things, but I noticed how my writing has changed. It really isn’t about sadness anymore, it just isn’t.

It is about happiness, and joy. Life is tough, yes, but think about it, it isn’t really that bad. I mean, decent food to eat, decent people around you and a half decent dressing sense, really it’s pretty cool J

Anywho, back to talking about stories. Stories matter, they matter to you, and they matter to me. When I tell my story, however, it isn’t really mine, its ours,. The very act of forming the words on a piece of paper or on air, makes me lose any rights of ownership on them.

And the story must have a beginning, a middle and an end. (though not necessarily in the same order: The most interesting stories are the one that start in the middle )

So watch this space, I think there us a story coming up soon, maybe a story about stories

No comments:

Post a Comment