Saturday, May 7, 2011

To an old friend

She sat on the edge of her chair, in her dark apartment. Her hair tumbled down her face, cascading black velvet on a sea of smooth fair skin. What was it that ran down her cheek then.. a tear.. was it ?

It has been a while..has it not old friend.
Trust things are better now. I have no soothing words to offer you
right now, no generic platitudes on life which will tide you over
difficult times. You know what you have to do, and are strong enough
to do it. I will feel honored if you think of me when you get
overwhelmed again .

Our loves, our lives, our directions are different. Hell, we even see
different stars now do we not ! But know this,that on every one of
those stars, I pray for you.
Know that not a day goes by when I do not think of you. For fleeting
moments yes, mostly for a second, sometimes, rarely, for a minute.

I do not know what to say to you right now, and you know you have to
fight this battle alone. But know that through these words I send you
hope, strength, prayers and perseverance. Sorry I could not do more.
Sorry I could not be there with you through these times. Hope you will allow
me this one moment of guilt and will not think me a bad person for not
doing all that I have said earlier.

You know, you have doubted god in your writings. You should. But know
this, that if there is a god, if there is some overpowering being who
guides all our actions and arranges all our co-incidences to happen,
like pawns on a chess board, then he definitely has a plan for you.
And I believe that part of that plan is for you to go through all this
to come closer as a family. Again, I know these are empty words to
someone who is going through the pain. But it is all I can do , short
of living your life for you. There is much to be said on this subject,
but I shall let it rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment